It is important for you to test your equipment setup at your remote worksite, and also test access to the campus resources you will need. If you have not already done so, please complete the staff needs survey ASAP.
- Laptop/Desktop Computer – university owned or personal computer
- Internet – you will need broadband internet service to work remotely. If you’re role is essential you may be able to obtain a mobile hotspot device from IT, or possibly tether your computer to your smartphone.
- Microphone – you may have one built into your computer, or you may use an external device such as a headset or USB microphone.
- Speakers/Headphones – consider using headphones to reduce echo if you experience feedback during the call.
- Webcam – you may already have a webcam built into your laptop, but you can also use an external USB camera for video conferencing for either desktop/laptop computers.
- Work Securely – maintaining a secure working environment at home can be challenging, make sure that you are staying safe.